Dad looked at Joe. 'Young man, when I was a teenager in Nairobi, I was the best fast bowler in my school’, he said curtly. 'Our team even won the East African cup. But when I came to this country, nothing. I wasn't allowed to play in any team. These bloody goreh in their clubhouses laughed at my turban and sent me packing.' I looked down at the floor. I knew about this because Mum had told me, but Dad had never talked about it before.
(fast bowler: reference to a cricket player
goreh: Hindi word for white Europeans)
What do you think dad was feeling when he made this little speech?
Why did Jess look down at the floor?
3.12.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think that when jess' father said that he was feeling sad and 'why can't I do that too?' He was feeling like that because he has so much talent that is wasted so he is jealous of Jess. Jess looked down at the floor when he said that because she was embarrassed for her dad.
Her dad was feeling a bunch of emotions. He was feeling anger, because he could've played cricket, but the white poeple were rcist and sent him back. He was feeling sad, because his parents new it wouldd happen and he didn't mind. He was protective, because he didn't want his daughter going through the same thng he went through. She looked down at the floor and felt his saddness and his need to protect his daughter. Sometimes that happens to me when my dad tells me what happened to him and hi life lesson. I felt and she probably felt guilty for asking, sad, bcause it happened, and dissapointed because you wanted it so badly.
I think Jess's dad was feeling upset and angry when he said this. He didn't want the same thing to happen to his daughter. I think Jess was looking down at the floor because she was sad that she wouldn't be able to play football and the same thing that happened to her dad would happen to her.
I think Jess's dad felt bad while making that speech. He felt bad beause he had some what of the same dream Jess had and he did not make it. Jess looked down at the floor because hearing her dad talk about how he did not make and she was thing about what if the same happens to her
Post a Comment